EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB SEARCH
CONTACT: Diana Weir, Chair,
EAST HAMPTON, NY – Local TV, Inc (LTV) is conducting a search for an Executive Director to manage the agency and studios, including its fundraising and community outreach. LTV is an independent 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit cable access television provider for the Town and Village of East Hampton. LTV films and broadcasts government meetings and local events, provides LIVE video streaming on a robust website, assists in creative production, education, produces Public Service Announcements, and films and edits public access TV shows in our studio.
LTV operates two channels on the cable system as East Hampton’s Public, Educational, and Government (PEG) access provider:
1) Public Access – Channel 20 is a free-speech production platform, open to all residents and non-commercial organizations on a first-come, first-served basis. Use of our studios is by appointment only.
2) Educational and Government Access – Channel 22 is for the exclusive use of local government and schools, including LIVE broadcasting of official meetings of all Town and Village boards and several local school boards.
LTV maintains a large facility offering low-cost production equipment and expertise, four studios, and production training to the public. LTV also boasts an archive of 30,000 locally produced shows in the interest of documenting the history of the area.
LTV’s Mission Statement: LTV provides a free-speech television and media platform to share all manner of public discourse, education, and creative expression within our community and the world at large.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION SUMMARY
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day-to-day leadership, administration, programming, and operations of the station, and serves as the chief fundraiser and public representative for LTV. The ED manages a full- and part-time staff of up to twelve (12) and a budget of approximately $1 million.
With the help of the Board of Directors, the ED should have the ability to frame future policy implementations and provide guidance and direction to advance and grow the agency under its mission.
Core Competencies include:
• Accounting (budgeting, financial analysis, payroll, banking);
• Operations (resources management, personnel management, scheduling):
• Strategy Development;
• Public Relations;
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
• Policy Development.
The ideal applicant should be well versed with, and understand and be sensitive to, the community living and working on the East End of Long Island.
• Run the day-to-day operations of the organization.
• Align the organization's strategic direction with its mission and vision, including implementation of its long-term strategic plan.
• Spearhead the development and evaluation of new and existing programs to improve and to address the evolving needs of the East End community.
• Serve as primary spokesperson for the organization, representing LTV and its mission in public forums and with local and state politicians, community leaders, volunteers, and other not-for-profit organizations; and maintain current government relations and explore new ones.
• Cultivate and steward existing donors and new individual, foundation, and corporate donors; oversee grant development and application processes; and actively participate in planning, organizing, and attending fundraising events.
• Manage the organization's finances to ensure Best Practices, a balanced budget and cost-effective programs and policies.
• Lead the staff of ten (10) full- and part-time employees and volunteers; manage all aspects of the human-resources process from hiring through performance evaluations, compensation decisions, mentoring, and terminations.
• Eight or more years of management experience. Experience in media, television, or in a Not-for-Profit preferred; at least one year at an executive level.
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s a plus, but not required.
• Demonstrated ability in public speaking and community relations with exceptional communication skills, including an ability to engage and work with diverse groups of people in an open and respectful way.
• Success soliciting of major gifts from individuals and grants from foundations, corporations, and/or government agencies.
• Working knowledge of budget development, implementation, and monitoring.
• Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks, respond calmly under pressure, be a reliable team player, and both set and meet deadlines.
• Experience working collaboratively with staff, a Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, and political leaders, and be able to foster a culture of respect and trust.
• Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
• Must have expert knowledge of Mac- and PC-based Office, Financial, Networking, and TV production software. Must be Social Media-savvy and able to post and approve content from anywhere.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
LTV is located at 75 Industrial Road, Wainscott NY, 11975
Our Mailing Address is: PO Box 799, Wainscott NY, 11975