LTV has created a scholarship to honor (2) students with a passion for community media, lifelong learning, and free speech. It is offered to any East Hampton Senior who is pursuing an education in film, television, broadcasting or radio.
Ideal candidates will have these qualities: a love of story and a commitment to our community along with a strong belief that all communities deserve to have access to accurate, unfiltered information.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, STUDENTS MUST:
- reside in the Town of East Hampton year-round
- be graduating from high school or receiving a GED by June 2021
- be seeking secondary education in communications, media, or related field
- demonstrate school / community involvement and strong academic achievement
- personal essay on the importance of free speech in broadcasting
- link to short video or audio submission of student’s work
- two letters of recommendation (one letter should be focused on the student's community involvement and one should be from a person who is not a relative)
STUDENTS MAY APPLY ONLINE OR BY EMAIL
A gmail account is required to use the online application form.
To apply online:
- digital application available HERE
To apply and return by email:
- application is HERE
send application and documents to Michael Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amount: Two scholarships of $500
Application deadline is May 31, 2021
Awards will be announced on June 2021
LTV plans to permanently endow this scholarship.
If you would like to contribute to this fund and support a graduating East Hampton student,
please donate HERE.